Hey there “junkers” save those desks that no longer fit folders or even papers! Check out this desk I took apart and made matching night stands.
Heres what I did:
- Remove the top (save that for later)
2. Cut it up! I used a reciprocating saw for that.
3.Do the necessary repairs. Lots of veneer missing, which I was able to fill smooth! I use a lot of bondo for just this purpose!
4. Its in two pieces! Needs a little gluing but otherwise its a good and solid for night stands!
More veneer and missing wood more bondo!
5. Cut up the top and router the edge I cut off.
6.Stained the top a shaker maple, General Finishes water base stain.
All finished! What do you think??
Thank you for reading and….. JUNK ON!
Tara and Becca
* This blog contains affiliate links. Affiliate link purchases do not effect your shopping experience or price. However they will kick back small amounts back to me for sharing this information on my blog. We only recommend products that we believe in and use ourselves.